At Today’s Harvest, our goal is to create a friendly and welcoming environment for all shoppers and volunteers.
A key part of our market is providing a welcoming and friendly environment. Everyone should have a dignified and positive experience while shopping the market, and volunteers play a key role in that experience. With hundreds of shoppers and many different volunteers interacting in the market each day, it can be a challenge to have a consistent experience for all. In response to shopper and volunteer feedback, and keeping the Civil Rights training in mind, we’ve created an agreement for all volunteers who interact with shoppers.
As a volunteer of Today’s Harvest, you are expected to agree to the following:
- I WILL be welcoming and respectful to all shoppers, and will take a break if I am feeling frustrated or drained
- I WILL NOT take food out of shoppers’ carts
- I WILL NOT shout or call out across the room
- I WILL ask a staff member to address it if a customer is being aggressive/not following our guidelines
- I WILL do what I can to ensure shoppers have a great experience at Today’s Harvest
I understand that if I don’t follow these expectations, I will be asked to volunteer in a different role to support Today’s Harvest.
If you don’t feel you can commit to these expectations, please don’t sign this agreement. Let us know, and we will work with you to find you a different volunteer opportunity. If you have any questions or want to talk more before signing, you can email firstname.lastname@example.org.