Open Cupboard is currently hiring for a Program Assistant. You can learn more about the jobs below.
Program Assistant Job Description
Position: The Program Assistant will support customer service and restocking in our Today’s Harvest market and support operations of our Drive Up program.
Hours: There is some flexibility with the schedule but our preferred hours are 12-6pm on Wednesdays, Thursdays, and Fridays and from 9:30am-2:30pm on Saturdays.
Reports to: Market Manager
Duties and Responsibilities:
The Program Assistant will:
- Greet and assist people coming to shop in Today’s Harvest and/or visiting our Drive Up program
- Support restocking and coordinate volunteers who are restocking the Today’s Harvest market
- Assess and manage inventory and communicate needs to other team members when inventory runs low
- Assist with market operations, including market restocking, sorting of food, etc.
- Support operations of our outdoor Drive Up food shelf program on Thursdays
Qualifications & Experience:
- Ability to communicate, motivate, and relate effectively to a wide variety of Individuals
- Retail or grocery experience a plus
- Bilingual Hmong/English and/or Spanish/English is strongly preferred.
- Adaptability, flexibility, and ability to see change as an opportunity rather than an obstacle
- Volunteer training experience is a plus
- Strong communication and customer service skills
- Physical ability to load and unload boxes and bags on a regular basis, up to 50 pounds, and be on your feet for long periods of time
- Willingness and ability to work outdoors during the Drive Up program hours
- Ability to assess needs and communicate to the team any adjustments that need to be made throughout each shift
Compensation: This position will pay $19.00/hour.